Saturday, May 8, 2010

Shopping for plants

Today I picked up peat moss to till into my garden.  I bought this at well know store, along with the peat moss I purchased some mushroom manure to add to my flower beds. 

While shopping I noted that the store had heather plants for sale.  Now being the granddaughter of grandparents that grew and sold heather all over North America, as well as having a plant named after my grandmother KNOW that heather does not grow in the north.  So be careful when shopping for plants.  These stores purchase the same products for all stores regardless of location, and when looking at the tags for these plants there are no climate zone numbers on the tags.

Not only were they selling heather, but I noted about 5 other plants that do not do well in the north.  So beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment