Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Snow in May in the Cariboo

Well the last few days it's been rain, snow and hail.  That seems to be the norm for the Cariboo this time of year, and Lord knows we really need the moisture this year.

I'm waiting for a nice warm day so I can put the plastic back on the greenhouse.  Had it been on things would be growing in there already, but every so often it's time to change the plastic and this is the year.

I found the big garden was a little to dry last year so I've picked up some peat moss and will rotatile that into the ground along with some compost before planting. My goal is to do some of that this week, well at least get the rotatiling and maybe my onions and lettuce planted. Lettuce really does well in cooler weather, and really any root vegetables can be planted as soon as the soil can be worked.

Well happy gardening to all..............

No comments:

Post a Comment